Ok, this baby girl has to cook for another week. Why? Because my doctor is out of town until May 21st. I have an appointment with Dr. Teagle on May 22nd. Did you hear that baby zambina??? Please cook for another week. After that, you can come anytime you want! :)
Today I had an appointment with the on call doctor. She is very nice, but I still want Dr. Teagle to deliver our baby girl. Zamboni is growing, my belly grew 2 cm this past week, from 36 to 38. Her heartbeat sounds strong too, 143 BPM. I didn't have my cervix checked, so not sure what is going on down there.
I am having so many contractions all the time, Braxton-Hicks and other little ones that make me go, hmmmm, and take deep breaths until they pass. I can't believe we can have a little girl at anytime or I could be pregnant for 3 more weeks. Crazy. I feel like she is putting on the pounds now. My belly gets bigger by the second, I swear! Maybe that is also because I have had a major sweet tooth these last weeks and eating more sweets than I normally do! :)
I feel like my body is falling apart right now. My groin area hurts so much, it feels like I did 500 inner thigh lifts (which I didn't). I am especially stiff in the mornings. I can still go for my walks, but my pace has definitely slowed down. There is just always all this pressure. Acupuncture has been a life saver. I wish I had time to go every day. It is so relaxing, I get a great rest in and then just feel better the rest of the day and night. I can't believe I used to go for a hike every day when I was pregnant with Kekoa, a steep climbing hike! I can't imagine doing that right now in this pregnancy.
I have been trying to do as many last minute errands that I can...still have that nesting instinct going. I finally cleaned out her moses basket of all the laundry that had been piling up in there. I still want to get a couple of baskets for her closet and need to go to Costco one more time before she comes to stock up. Good thing Costco is so close to us.
The nesting thing is crazy, I mean crazy. I am having dreams of going to The Container Store to buy baskets and clear tubs and then organizing the hall closet with my label maker in tow. I want everything super clean all the time, but just can't do it...moving, bending over and such is super uncomfortable. Plus, I will have these bursts of energy and then do too much. The next day I get totally wiped out.
Kekoa has been loving his baby sister so much. He tells me all the time, "mama, I love zamboni", as he hugs her and gives her smooches. It is amazing to me how much he loves her already, how he can't wait to meet her too. Zamboni gave him a book last night, another book about being the new big brother. He loved it, was so excited to read it before bed. His favorite part was the big brother helping give a bath, he thought that was so great.
I do worry though, worry about how my relationship with Kekoa will change. He is such a mama's boy and I don't want him to feel hurt. I worry most about the nights I will be away at the hospital. I know he will be fine, but I can't help worrying, I am his mama!

No comments:
Post a Comment