Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

37 weeks

Full term, I am now full term.  The waiting game begins.  When is she going to make her debut?  I was pregnant for another month with Kekoa...that is hard to imagine at this point.  How can my belly stretch for another month??

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday, which was very exciting because we were able to see our baby girl's ultra-sound.  She has chubby cheeks and lots of hair.  According to the measurements, she is 7 pounds 2 oz, but even the ultrasound technician doesn't think she is that big.  Her long legs are skewing the weight.  Kekoa kept saying, "that baby sister in mama's tummy?"  He was amazed, as we all were.  Her head is down, her little booty is in the middle of my belly and her legs are on my right side, which is what I had thought since that is where I feel her kicking me.  She is measuring 36 cm and I didn't gain any weight in the last week.  Hard to believe since I have been eating something sweet every day, but I'll take it!

While I am anxious to meet her, I am also cherishing these last few weeks of feeling her moving inside my big belly.  I love how my belly twitches and makes crazy shapes as she throws herself around in there.  I also love feeling her hiccup.  Kekoa thinks it is pretty funny when she hiccups.

I will be happy to not feel like such a beached whale though.  I feel the most stuck when I am laying in bed.  It takes so much effort to get up to use the loo.  Up until the last week or so, I haven't had to get up in the night to use the bathroom...amazing since I remember getting up multiple times in the night when I was pregnant with Kekoa.  It is like my body knows that Kekoa is now sleeping next to me and it is near impossible to get out of bed.

Any predictions on when this baby girl is going come?

No comments:

Post a Comment