Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

17 weeks

I have been calling our little girl, zambina...sounds more girly.
She is a mover and a shaker, that is for sure.  I feel her daily and Scott has felt her give him a little kick too. It is like once I felt those little flutters last week, she has grown super strength or something.  It sure is amazing to feel our baby rolling around inside me.  She also likes to sit low, on my bladder area, which means I have to frequently use the bathroom.

We have been playing with names, but haven't come up with anything for sure.  Kekoa calls her "little ladybug", which is just so sweet.

Today I went to my first prenatal yoga class.  I feel so bad, with Kekoa I started going at 14 weeks.  It was so nice to go and have some bonding time with little zambina.  This pregnancy is going by so fast and I am so busy running around with Kekoa all day.  I am trying to figure out how I can go to yoga weekly...none of the times really fit into our schedule unless I get a babysitter.

I know a lot of women get a pregnancy glow, but I definitely do not.  My skin is a wreck right now, so dry and red.  I hope this passes.  These pregnancy hormones sure do a number on me!

All in all, I can't complain.  I am feeling pretty good, still get tired and have to rest by midday, but am able to exercise again.  We were in San Francisco all weekend and I just kept thinking how next year we will have a 3 year old and a 6 month old at this time.  I bought our little girl her first piece of clothing...a little jean dress from the Gap.  It is so adorable.  I know we are in trouble, girl clothes are just too cute.



your baby at 17 weeks
  • Her rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone.
  • And she's growing some meat on those bones -- putting on some fat.
  • She's growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment